sexta-feira, 20 de abril de 2012

Maria Llopís | Chatroulette

It is 3 am. Just got home. I am drunk and tired, but I do not feel like going to bed. Tonight I did not get a boy and I feel like sex. I take my computer into the bed and place it between my legs. I go to one of those chats for live sex and I get a warning: my image may be recorded. I accept.

São 3 da manhã. Acabo de chegar em casa. Estou bêbada e cansada, mas não quero dormir. Não arrumei nenhum cara hoje a noite e estou com tesão. Pego o computador e o coloco entre minhas pernas. Acesso um desses chats para sexo virtual e recebo um aviso: minha imagem pode ser gravada. Eu aceito.(...)


(...)I find it frightening, this hygienic, safe sex that online sex entails. There are no risks, I can’t get pregnant, I can’t catch an STD, there are no mindfucks. I turn the screen off whenever I want, and that’s it, I’m in the silence of my bedroom, in the solitude of my world, in the other reality, the one this side of the keyboard.

Acho assustadora essa higiene, essa segurança que o sexo virtual implica. Não há riscos, não posso engravidar, pegar uma DST, não existem "joguinhos". Eu desligo a tela quando me der vontade, e é isso, estou no silêncio do meu quarto, na solidão do meu mundo, na outra realidade, deste lado do teclado.


(http://www.mariallopis.com/en/portfolio/revising-gender-roles-and-stereotypes-through-art-and-technology/)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário